There’s a way to make travelling hassle-free and lots of fun. Read on to learn.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE:
- Learn more about the destination. I strongly suggest in taking time on doing this. There are a lot of websites, magazines, books and travelogues that can help you with this.
- Check the season, the temperature and weather so you know what clothes are appropriate for the trip. Also, check if there are festivals, or big events (e.g. trade fair) to get the best hotel deals.
- Get travel insurance or travel assistance packages to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation, and other activities.
- Make sure your passport is at least six months valid.
- Photocopy your passport, insurance policy, traveler’s cheques and credit card numbers. Carry one copy of each in a seperate place from the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT YOUR DESTINATION:
- When you get to the hotel, get the hotel contact card: preferrably the ones with an easy map marking the nearest landmarks. In case you get lost, this would be very helpful.
- Reconfirm your flights at least 72 hours before departure.
- Make sure you have ample local currency on hand when you go around town to dine, shop or use public transportation.
WHERE TO TRAVEL:
Local travel. Hit the beaches and enjoy the ambiance of Boracay, Panglao (Bohol), Cebu and Palawan!
Around Asia. Check out the packages that travelling agencies offer like to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangkok, Vietnam and Siem Reap (Cambodia).
Travelling long haul. Europe and the USA boast of great scenery and weather by August and September. Start working on your itinerary now!
Exotic places. India, Nepal, Israel and Jordan are just some of year round favorite exotic destinations where a variety of activities and finds await you.